Friday, January 7, 2011

My baby is so smart!

I am having some serious writer's block today, so I am just going to tell you about something my family found very amusing during the holidays. By the way, for those who have recently joined us, welcome to my little slice of craziness life. So glad you decided to pop in and stay awhile. By the way, the bar will be open around 5:30ish tonight. It is Friday after all! So kick back and enjoy...

When I went to my parents' house for Christmas, I took one of those big Rubbermaid containers to put all of the presents in. I thought it was a pretty great idea so they wouldn't get squished and I could pretty much get them all in one container. It would also give me an easy way to bring presents I received home with me. Christmas Eve I'm there wrapping presents, and I went to stack all the ones that were already wrapped under the tree. Of course, you know my girl Bailey went with me, so she's taking every opportunity to walk all over the wrapping paper. Don't ask me why I decided wrapping should be done on the floor. It's just easier to spread out that way with those stupid big rolls of paper. But on the table, I know she couldn't have gotten to the paper, so shaddup about it! Anyway, this is Bailey since I think you all have mostly just seen baby pictures of her.
This is usually what Bailey looks like when I'm playing around on my laptop. She stares and barks at me because this Princess is supposed to be the center of attention at all times, don't ya know? (For some reason my iPhone is not giving the best color to my pictures lately, but you get the idea.)

Back to the story.. I'm unloading these presents, and Bailey is looking over my shoulder into the container the whole time. This isn't anything new because any bag or other type of thing you can bring into the house she assumes has goodies for her in it. (That has nothing to do with the fact that her momma can't seem to go to the store without buying her something. Ahem!) I get close to the bottom and Bailey starts wagging her tail all excited-like just when I notice that there are one of her toys and a bone in the container. My dog packed her own things for the trip! She knew we were going somewhere even before being told we were going to my parents'. (She knows who Grandma and Poppop are.. No comments from the Peanut Gallery on that either! So I only gave them furry grandchildren. Mine are much lower maintenance and cheaper to love.)

Of course, my father just found this so funny and made sure every family member who called and came to visit knew what a smart girl my baby is. By the way, she also packed a toy in my computer bag when we went back for New Year's. At least I caught her putting that one in. I wish I had pictures of her getting her new toys that were in her stocking. Her face was priceless! Needless to say, she had a great Christmas and a captive audience.

19 comments:

Alessandra said...

Ilove your doggie, she looks so smart, I have furry children too, so I know what you mean when you buy stuff for them. I spent a fortune on mine....

Average Girl said...

She is so pretty Krissy! Dogs are awesome. I have a miniature doxie (a wiener dog) and i found him using the presents as his own make shift set of stairs so that he could climb them and get at the bag on the top that contained his toys for Christmas!

Krissy said...

@Alessandra.. Thanks! I'll have to get a better picture with my camera for you all. She is smart as a whip! She has already figured out her new treat toy she got for Christmas. The brat! My neighbor's daughter works at the grocery store, and she always asks, "So what's in here for Bailey?"

@Average Girl.. Thank you so much! Now you know why she snatched my heart when I first met her. She rescued me, not the other way around. LMAO @ your smart baby! My neighbor can't put presents under her tree because her Ridgeback unwraps them all. That'll teach her to show him how to unwrap his own presents.

Lyndylou said...

awww she is really cute and such a clever wee dog. My two pooches were so excited to get their new toys and treats at christmas that they were totally hyper!

Krissy said...

lyndylou.. Thank you! I know what you mean. I was so proud of Bailey because she is normally so nervous with that many people around. She's a herding dog so she wants everyone sitting down in one room. Yeah, that happens! Not! But she was much calmer this time. The only time she made me nervous was with the baby, and I think she was just confused b/c Mom was using the same higher-pitched voice to talk to the baby that most people use talking to Bailey.

caterpillar said...

hehehehe....she's cute and she's smart.....

Rebecca said...

cute puppy

Krissy said...

Thanks, caterpillar and becca!

Jumble Mash said...

So cute! I was cleaning today and my dog shut the cabinet in kitchen with his head. He's never done that and I'm not sure why he did, but I thanked him for helping me and gave him a treat. :)

BB said...

What a freakin' adorable puppy!!! I want to scratch under those ears.

Oilfield Trash said...

Alcohol always cures my writers block.

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

Bailey is a cutie :-)

Krissy said...

@JM... Your dog is so smart! And the fact that you gave him a treat shows what a good Mom you are. :)

@Barb.. I'll bring her to see you at the beach and you can do that. :) She would love it! I'm glad you see how adorable she is.

@OT... I'm glad it's Friday so we can cure that for both of us. :)

@Chief... The other Chief in my life loves her almost as much as I do, so thanks!

Krissy said...

Barb... Btw... She hasn't seen the ocean yet, so I have to do that this summer. She is such a water dog! I can't wait to see how she reacts to the ocean.

not displayed said...

Such a lovely post. Proud mum you are. No dog so i can boast about that but my turtle is currently busy rearranging his tank. Quite the little decorator he is lol

Krissy said...

Mynx... Yes, I am a proud mum! Thank you for saying it was a lovely post. I bet that turtle is rearranging his tank because he knows he's moving. Animals are so much smarter than we think they are. :)

Leigh said...

Cute puppy! Smart, too. And I agree with you that dogs do learn and remember people's names.

Krissy said...

Thanks, Jess! When you ask her if she loves her Poppop and she runs over to basically lay across his lap, I'd say she knows who he is. :) He's the only one she does that to, also.

Nicki said...

HAAAAAA hahahahhahha! I love the Bailey posts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...