Friday, January 21, 2011

Spartacus is back!

If you didn't watch Spartacus: Blood and Sand last year, you need to. Talk about an intense drama series! It was on Starz, and I watched it on Netflix. Personally, I think there's a lot for both women and men to enjoy the show, and every episode left me wanting more.
Source
When the star, Andy Whitfield, went in for a physical to start filming the second season, they discovered he had non-Hodgkins lymphoma. He fought the cancer aggressively, and they decided to start filming a prequel they are calling Spartacus: Gods of the Arena. This short season will show the rise of the House of Batiatus before Spartacus came along. It starts tonight! And it looks like we'll be able to see it on Netflix tomorrow. I am so excited!
Source

However, I am sorry to say that it looks like his cancer came back in September, so Andy will not be filming any time soon. It's a shame because he was working hard to get in shape and train for the show when it showed back up. I sincerely wish him and his family all of the best, whether he can come back to the show or not.

After just Googling it, it looks like the producers decided to replace him 3 days ago, and Andy approved of the replacement. It's Liam McIntyre, who I've never heard of, but they said he used to be on Pacific.
Source
Most of the other pictures I found weren't as flattering as that one, but I hope this joker bulked up like they say he is. He has some big shoes to fill... er, loincloths... er, armor to fill because Andy was hot, Hot, HOT! It says that Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller were considered, so I hope they didn't make a mistake.
Wentworth and Dominic source
I almost think Wentworth would have been too "pretty" for the part of a Gladiator, but he was pretty intense on Prison Break. Dominic however... *sigh* ... I wouldn't even need to watch him as much as hear that sexy voice. (Wiping my chin and trying to get it together here.) Okay, who am I fooling, he's not hard on the eyes at ALL! I think they wanted someone a little less known though to take over the role, and I can understand that.

Which brings up something I was meaning to post about when I found out Spartacus was coming back tonight. What is it about men/women that attracts you? As far as body parts go, I love a nice chest. Muscular arms are a plus, too. But honestly, a beautiful smile is a must and if it is surrounded by dimples all the more better! 

Source
My sister picks on me all the time because sometimes I'll say someone is hot that she doesn't understand. Normally, it's a voice that will tip the scales for me. Dominic has one of those voices, deep and powerful. But some you might not have thought about before are....

Max Martini is that handsome fellow to the right, and he used to be on the TV show The Unit. Even his name is yummy. My sister never understood why I found him sexy until she started watching the show with me. Now she gets it. He just has this gravelly, deep voice that can make my ovaries stand up and applaud! 





Source
I just watched the movie The Losers over the weekend. I don't think I had even seen it advertised, but it was one of my Netflix suggestions, so I watched it. Enter Jeffrey Dean Morgan into my life, and bring your booming voice with you! It looks like he has a bunch of movies coming out soon, so you might see him more. Unfortunately, he played a quiet-type in the movie I just saw, so I didn't get to hear nearly enough of him. Oh, and he has perfect pearly whites and dimples. 

Okay, so I'll quit boring you for now with who makes me drool. Tell me what kinds of things you are attracted to in a person. And yes, this is your chance to be completely shallow! So don't be giving me cheesy things. I'm sure I'll get accused of being horny again, but I couldn't help myself when I realized Spartacus was premiering.

Oh, and don't forget to tell me how you feel about Spartacus if you watch it. If you don't watch, you are missing out!

UPDATE: I just hit 50 followers today, so you all rock! I hope you all decide to stick around because I am thrilled to have you here. More funny Mom stories and things to come.

23 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

I seem to think that posts like these are payback for me posting pictures of hot women on my blog.

Krissy said...

Of course, OT.. I mean, no. It's not all about you, Mister! Hey, a lot of guys like Spartacus. Believe me, I heard enough about Lucy Lawless' boobs to last me a lifetime when the show was on the first season.

BB said...

Not my kind of show but I'd be interested in channel hopping onto it when mine are on commercial break...haha.

Danger Boy said...

To answer your question...for me, it's not so much visual, though I do enjoy a nice chest, or a good set of hips. There's an intangible something that just clicks...it's why I don't really have a "type". Fortunately, I married one with whom I have a hell of a click. ;)

Krissy said...

Barb.. It's good eye candy at commercials, anyway. :)

Danger Boy.. Welcome! Hope you decide to stick around or did you sneak in without me noticing? I'm sure there's some attribute that all women you've been attracted to have. You just haven't really identified it, but I'm super glad your wife has it!

AmberLaShell said...

okay 1st, I.LOVE.SPARTICUS, last season my fiance and I watched it together and we both liked it. alot. 2nd I am so sad to know tat the star won't be back, he was so sexy. those eyes made me swoon. I used to practically rape my fiance after it. (tmi i know) 3rd. jeffrey dean morgan is super hot, i have seen him in a few movies, and he has a great voice, and perfect dimples.

Okay, so I am attracted to arms, and shoulders (i like wide shoulders) and voices and eyes. hah, that's about everything!

amberlashell.com

Don said...

Some of the things that attract me about women (I just prefer females, thank you) in no particular order are:
Their personality, which covers a lot of territory
Their eyes
Their smile
Their willingness to accept me as I am
Their curves, all so deliciously and erotically arranged

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

Applauding ovaries...sounds uncomfortable :-)

A nice butt

And most importantly....congrats :-)

twilightgazing said...

Boring??? You certainly weren't boring me, keep it going, I like your choices. Jeffery Dean Morgan has a voice? With those eyes, I'm not sure I would have noticed.

Krissy said...

Amber.. Yeah, being single while watching Spartacus was not as much fun as it could have been had I had someone around to take it out on. :) I'll have to check out other movies that JDM has been in now. Geez, you could swim in his dimples!

Don.. Aren't you glad I gave you a place to freely objectify women's body parts? I thought OT chickened out!

Chief.. Applauding ovaries are not uncomfortable at all. Actually kinda ... hmmm, fluttery feeling? :) So the Chief is a butt man. Did you put that on your match.com profile? LOL And thanks! I was tickled about that.

twilight.. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I could have shown many more, but I didn't want to chase the boys off. :) Yes, JDM really has a voice, though it took me a second to get past the dimples, smile, and eyes causing my ears to ring to hear it!

Semi True Torystellar said...

Okay, like Amber I loved Spartacus the first season. Fighting, and blood and sex and full frontal nudity and did I mention the soft core sex? Okay, I guess we know where my mind is....

What attracts me about the opposite sex. Hmmm....I like a nice smile, one that reaches all the way to the eyes. A tight fit body doesn't hurt my feelings either. I like strong muscular arms and strangely enough a man with good hands is a turn on.

Jumble Mash said...

You have to check out Dean Morgan in P.S. I love you. I always thought he was something while he was on Grey's Anatomy but then when I saw P.S. I love you, I was like "Yeah. I love him."

Anonymous said...

I've always been big and tall and I hate to say it but height is something that I consider hot.

I like men 6ft and up. I like senses of humor, being in shape is a plus but not needed, but something that I have found that I like is slightly calloused hands.

But that's just (mostly) the physical aspect of attractiveness. I am way picky when it comes the personality. Haha. But Cam Man fits it so it makes me happy :)

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

Krissy said...

Tory.. My mind is right there with ya! That show has everything for both sexes.

JM... I am pretty sure I saw that movie and I don't remember noticing him. Was he one of her friends? I was probably too wrapped up in Gerard Butler! LOL

Adorkable.. Oh yes, I love a tall man! I'm 5'7.. so he has to be at least 5'10, and over 6' is even better. :) Sense of humor is a must, but we were being completely shallow here. LOL Ohhh, calloused hands. I hadn't thought of that one. Glad Cam Man fits the bill anyway!

AmberLaShell said...

p.s. you have a little something waiting for you over at my blog. :)

amberlashell.com

The Empress said...

Congratulations on your blog award and for hitting 50 followers. And thank you for the tour though handsome man candy land! Dominic is definitely HOT!! Personally I have a thing for men with nice big thighs, thick dark hair, gorgeous eyes and dimples are nice as well. But a great sense of humor is equally important.

Have a great weekend!

http://rantersbox.blogspot.com/

Krissy said...

Amber... Is it JDM or Andy Whitfield??? I'm excited now. :) Going to look now, girl.

Empress.. Thanks so much! Dominic is SOOOO hot! You mentioned some great attributes as well.

PirateGeek9 said...

Yes, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a beautiful man. Someone once said he looked like the child of Javier Bardem and Robert Downey Jr. Also pretty men.

Anyway, he is indeed in P.S. I Love You and he plays the Irish (yes, with an accent) singer dude that used to be friends with Gerard Butler's character way back in the day. Now I need to watch it again. Love that movie.

Also, Spartacus is on my list to watch. Someone recommended it to Hubby recently, and now that we know it's on Netflix, we'll be checking it out.

PirateGeek9 said...

Woops, totally skipped over the "things I find attractive in a person" question.

The important stuff: Someone who has similar views on the important things (kids, parenting style, religion, etc.), someone who appreciates at least some of the same things I do (in other words he must be a geek), someone who can make me laugh, and someone who will take care of me but still let me be myself.

The shallow stuff: a good head of dark hair and a beautiful smile (example: http://tinyurl.com/68haeru), and big, broad, manly shoulders. That's my favorite thing about Hubby - his shoulders.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Mmm, delicious. But we know OT is too. It's not necessarily a jab at him. In fact, wasn't he an extra in this movie?

xoRobyn

PS Hi, Krissy. I'm back. I'm going to go see my surprise right now.

On My Soapbox said...

Hey Krissy, there is an award for you over on my blog! :-)

http://soapboxvirtual.blogspot.com/

ib said...

Krissy, you could have added a boob or two in there. Geeez. Anyway, go over to the hobbit, me has something for you that yous might like.

Krissy said...

pirategeek.. OMG you're right! I remember who he was in the movie now. Thanks for the wonderful reminder! He looked so much bigger in The Losers that I didn't make the connection. You and hubby will definitely enjoy Spartacus, and there are lots of broad shoulders for you to drool over. :)

Robyn.. Welcome back! Missed ya.

Soapbox.. Thanks so much! I absolutely love awards, though I can't understand why you all love me so much.

ib.. Another surprise? You are too kind to me! I might have given you more boobage if I had known beforehand. But there are two sets on that one picture if you look again! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...