Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Wrap-Ups and other silly stuff

I have a bunch of little things I need to take care of with you all today and some funny news things I just have to address. First and foremost.. It's Friday! Wooo hooo! I am so glad because this has been a long damn week. I am ready to get my weekend started even though I have a lot to do around the house.
Source
Secondly, I have to announce the winner to my first giveaway. After randomly assigning you all numbers, I used one of those automated generator thingies and Jimmy from Jimmy's Opinion won the gift card to CSN Stores. Congrats! I know he will be so thrilled about this since it's what he's always wanted, I'm sure. Well, maybe he can give it to his wife or someone if he doesn't want it. If you don't follow his blog though, you should go check him out. (I'll email you the information for the gift card, Jimmy.)

Now on to more fun stuff. Did you all hear about the smugglers at the US/Mexican border trying to use a catapult to launch drugs over the border into the United States south of Arizona? Freaking. Medieval. Catapult!
Source
The US Border Patrol saw what was going on and informed the Mexican authorities so they could be detained. This just goes to show how desperate they are with the crackdown on Arizona borders. Those guys are sitting over there going, "Shit! How do we get our drugs in now?" 

"Fuck it! Let's just throw it over. I know, a CATAPULT!" 

"Dude, that would be classic, ese." (Don't ask me why he sounds like a combination surfer/Mexican. He just does, okay? Shaddup!)

I love that the Border Patrol guy said he had never seen anything like that, but that they are trained for anything. Huh? If you've never seen anything like that, how are you trained for it? 

On another note, someone has officially proven that it doesn't matter what your degree is in as long as you get one. A Canadian woman who attended Liverpool Hope University is the first person to get a Masters degree in Beatles studies. No, I don't mean the bugs. I mean the freaking Beatles! Someone please explain to me what the hell you do with that degree? I'm trying to think of how that conversation would have gone with her parents when she made the decision to enter that program. I know my parents would have told me I'd lost my damn mind. I'm thinking "you're an idiot" and "who the hell is going to pay you to do something with that for the rest of your life?" would have been stated at some point. 

That's about as brilliant as this sign someone put on the sink in our kitchen at work the other day.
 
Finally, I mentioned that I got an award yesterday. I actually got it from two different people. On My Soapbox and The Habitual Hobbit both think I'm funny enough to have granted me this little gem.
Thanks so much to both of you! Please go check out their blogs, because I think you'll love them. This award means a lot to me because you all know I try to make people laugh if nothing else. Even in my rants, I can be pretty humorous at times. At least I think so, and obviously someone else agrees... or, two someones. 

Now, I am supposed to give this to 7 people and tell you 7 things about myself. Honestly, I don't think I'm going to pass it on simply because I have seen this award around A LOT lately. I know there are some of you who still deserve this award, and I'm sure you will be getting it. Just not from me. Not right now. I'm being a rebel today, can ya tell? 

So Happy Friday, everyone! Have a great weekend, half-assed or not. :)

18 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

Congrats to the winner of the give away

BB said...

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend. Congrats on the awaard too.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards (even though you got two of the same, it still counts as multiple!)

And, personally, I think using a catapult solves a good portion of logistical problems...now how am I going to use one to make it warmer in Michigan? Hmm. *wonders off pondering*

Krissy said...

Barb.. Thanks and same to you!

Sam.. Thanks! I can't think of a way for us to catapult sunshine and warmth to you, and you throwing the snow out isn't going to help much either. Hmmm.. Something to think about.

Jumble Mash said...

Congrats to Jimmy! And congrats to you! Have a great weekend.

P.S. Steelers are gonna lose. Sorry. Hope you still love me.

Lyndylou said...

using a catapult is genius! NOT!!! So funny though. Congrats to your give-away winner. Have a fab weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award and man that is funny about the catapult! LOL

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com

caterpillar said...

Happy weekend...wonder what they'd come up after catapult...cannons?

Beetle and his Mum said...

That catapult is hilarious! Did you see on the news that they caught some homing pigeons with drugs tied to their legs? I thought that was pretty clever, really!!

Congrats on the award - and kudos on rebellion!

Jimmy said...

Wow, what a surprise to find when I turned on my computer, Thank You Krissy I sure appreciate you my Friend.

Krissy said...

JM... Thank you for the congrats, but don't make me hurt you about football, child. :) Your father didn't make you a Raider fan, did he? I still love you, like I love two of my nephews who were brain-washed by their fathers.

lyndy.. Thanks! Have a great weekend.

Adorkable.. Thanks and glad you enjoyed it. What some people will do!

caterpillar.. Happy weekend! Good Lord I hope not with cannons. We'd be bombing them pretty quick. LOL

Lottie... Thanks! Pigeons? Like they are durable? LOL

Jimmy.. Congrats, my friend! I appreciate you, too. I hope you both find something great to buy!

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

We were talking about the catapult at work today....gotta love a low-tech solution :-)

Krissy said...

Chief... That's a low-tech solution from what country? LOL They are going Medieval to fight us now??

And did you put JM up to that comment? :)

On My Soapbox said...

The catapult is hilarious! It reminds me of things my brother would construct in the back yard when he was a kid. However, they usually involved eggs or water balloons.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That cartoon is hysterical. Great Friday post, Krissy. Enjoy the weekend.
xoRobyn

Krissy said...

Soapbox.. OMG a catapult would have been awesome for eggs and water balloons growing up!

Robyn.. Thanks! Hope you had a great weekend.

Unknown said...

oakley sunglasses canada
ugg boots sale
canada goose outlet
louis vuitton handbags
ralph lauren
louis vuitton
louis vuitton handbags clearance
abercrombie & fitch kids
mont blanc ballpoint pen
tommy hilfiger outlet
2016.12.24chenlixiang

Unknown said...

adidas stan smith
nike air zoom
adidas online shop
adidas nmd
retro jordans
nike dunks shoes
brady jersey
kobe sneakers
yeezy boost 350 v2
asics shoes

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...