Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm Irresistible! .. Wait, is she laughing at me?

Lyndylou over at The Giggle Fest gave me an award this week which totally brought my New Year in with a bang! Since she likes to giggle, I'm thinking she was being ironic by giving me this award?
But I guess I just make her laugh with my mom stories, and she loved my Then and Now post last week. Isn't the award yummy?! I forgive her for giving me sweets since she didn't know I was trying to be healthy before she gave me this award, but hey, it has strawberries. So it can't be too bad for me, right? RIGHT? I thought so, and I'm sure Dr. Oz would agree. I'll have that dessert with my wine and it will be even healthier. Thank you so much, lyndylou! I love it.

So I guess there are a couple of rules to this award. I have to tell you of 5 guilty pleasures and pass it on to 3 bloggers. Now you know with my new healthy living thing, this is going to make me think of things I really shouldn't have, but it's not all about food! I'm sure there are other guilty pleasures I have. I just have to think of them. Surely they'll come to me... Right?.. Here goes...

Guilty Pleasures
1. The sweetest sound in the world is a baby's laugh. As most of you know, I'm single with no children of my own (except the furry kind) so I live through all of my nieces and nephews. Hearing any one of the babies laugh just brings a joy to me that I can never explain. I can even be in a grocery store or something and hear a baby laugh, and no matter what kind of mood I'm in it will make me smile.

2. Watching sports is another love of mine. Watching my Steelers or Penguins (especially those two, though I have other loves) win a Championship is one of the greatest feelings in my life. Luckily, they've given me a lot to celebrate in my lifetime. Now if I can just get the Pirates to sell to Mark Cuban, maybe we can get them to win again!

3. Puppy breath! What is it about puppy breath? I just want to eat them up and hug them to pieces. I am seriously thinking about getting another puppy since the cat thing didn't work out with Bailey. I'm still trying to decide.

4. Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate! You knew I had to throw a food in there, and chocolate is the bestest food ever! I usually limit myself to chocolate ice cream being in the house when I have a craving, but I could pretty much hurt myself on anything that involves chocolate.
Okay, this lady has to be on crack!

5. Reading has to be in my top 5. Curling up on the couch in cozy pajamas, under a blanket, on a rainy day is one of the best ways to spend time. With my Kindle now, it's even nicer because I don't even have to have a free hand to hold the book or turn pages. All I have to have is a free finger to hit the button. Heaven!
 Image from here.

So now who do I pass this gem off to? 
1. Barb over at This and That (As I Bounce Thru' Life) because she is such a sweet person and always has a kind word to say in comments to people. She is also a fellow South Carolinian (well, she lives here anyway) which is what first caught my attention about her. I love her so go check her out! I'm sure she's probably gotten this award before, but she came to mind first.

2. The Tame One over at Thoughts of an Oxymoron because she makes me laugh and I can't resist her blog. The things she says on her blog and in comments makes me feel like I've found a kindred spirit. I hope that doesn't scare the bejeezus out of her. She will make you laugh even if you aren't as crazy as we are.

3. Jimmy over at Jimmy's Opinion because he is such a family man and always has encouraging words to say to everyone. He'll warm your heart and always makes you feel like there's someone out there who cares about what you have to say.

Okay, enough mushiness. I love the award, lyndylou! Those guilty pleasures used up all of my brain power for the day. I wonder if that burned calories? I lost 3 pounds, by the way. Yay, me! Not bad in two days...   

18 comments:

Lyndylou said...

not being ironic, honest! It's yummy eh, without the guilt of the calories lol

I totally agree with the babies and puppy breath. I think you should go for another dog, it's the best thing I ever did :)

http://lyndylou-whocares.blogspot.com

Krissy said...

@lyndylou.. I agree about the puppy. My only reluctance is having to bring TWO dogs to family functions, and I want to put a fence up in the back yard. I do not want to have to walk two dogs on a leash to potty all the time.

@OT.. Thanks!

BB said...

TT...Wow, I'm so shocked. Thank you so much for thinking of me. Good choices for the other winners. Hugs!

Krissy said...

Barb, why in the world would you be shocked? You rock, woman! You are very welcome hugs back.

Rebecca said...

congrats and chocolate is always good

Full-On-Forward said...

You DESERVED the award and so do the recipients!

What if you had a Baby, Giggle, with Puppy Breath that smelled like Chocolate??

John

I LOVE ALL you choices!

JOhn

Jumble Mash said...

Congrats! And I love love love puppy breath, too. Boyfriend makes fun of me.

AmberLaShell said...

first, congrats on the weight loss, that is AWESOME!

second, those are really great guilty pleasures, and I agree with most of them!

third, congrats on getting an award, I just love them don't you?

amberlashell.com

Krissy said...

@becca.. Thanks.. Yes, chocolate is always good.

@John.. Thank you for saying that. :) Your suggestion would be out of this world. I'd have to eat the baby!

@JM.. Thanks, girl! Most people I know feel the same except for non-dog lovers and who cares what they think? :)

@Amber.. Thanks for all 3! I'm pretty happy with the weight loss so far. I meant to say in the post that brings my total to 22 lbs lost with what I lost last year, too. I'm glad you agree with my guilty pleasures. It took me a while to think of what they would be. I LOVE awards, and I can't believe this is my third one already. I have very generous blogging friends.

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

Congrats! How can you go wrong with chocolate???

Krissy said...

Chief.. With daughters, I hope you learned that LONG ago. :)

Krissy said...

Thanks, Chief. I forgot that part. :)

By the way everyone, that baby laughing is my grand-niece. Isn't she adorable in her Steelers cheer-leading outfit? Kind of ironic in a way since the Steelers don't have cheerleaders, but still. She is older now and even cuter, but she always has known how to light up a room.

twilightgazing said...

Congrats on the Award :).
Chocolate is really healthy for you, especially the dark variety, full of anti-oxidants, just like wine! Oh and puppy breath so reminds of me warm chocolate, irresistible.

caterpillar said...

1, 4 and 5...that's a lot of things common between us, I guess...nice to know these things about you...

Jimmy said...

Congrats on your award Krissy and I am honored that you thought of me for this Thank You.

I'll be right there with you, give me a good book and something chocolate :)

Krissy said...

@twilight.. Thanks! Great, so I can have chocolate with my wine? Woooo hoooo! :)

@caterpillar.. Glad we have those things in common.

@Jimmy.. Thanks and you're welcome. I am glad you are "with me" on that, but I don't want Cindy to think something is going on while we read on the couch b/c she has an evil mind! :)

@AD.. Thanks!

not displayed said...

There is chocolate on the Pav too.
Congrats and very well deserved. Love seeing the award go to blogs I love

Krissy said...

Thanks, Mynx! On the Pav? Am I having a blonde moment?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...