Friday, January 14, 2011

What ever happened to...?

Everyone seemed to like my post about some of the 80's rockers and what they look like now so it gave me an idea. Considering how much I enjoy doing research and looking stuff like that up, I thought I'd let you give me a focus. Tell me who you would like to know about and I'll see what I can find out. Did you ever wonder where a certain character on your favorite show ended up? What about a favorite singer or group that just seemed to disappear and you never had the time to find out what happened?

It doesn't even have to be someone who is famous, although historical figures could be considered famous, too. Is there a court case/true crime event you never heard the outcome for? Ever heard a phrase that you always wondered about or a tradition and wanted to know where it came from? I am one of those crazy people who just looks it up!

So let me know here in the comments what you'd like me to get information on, and I'll do my best "Sherlock Holmes of the Internet" impression to find out.

Of course, I'll try to make the posts humorous unless they met some untimely end that I just can't spice up. Don't feel shy about suggestions either. Sometimes I have no clue what has happened to people when it seems everyone else on the planet already knows. If you want to, you can always email me at talktaurus@gmail.com. You know if you all don't give me some direction, I'll just have to bore you with people who interest me. I came up with this after looking up Allison DuBois who I posted briefly about yesterday and who is apparently a huge fraud (or so I got the impression). If you'd like to know more, let me know and I'll share what I found.

On a similar note, I seriously think I'm going to try to look for a research and/or editing job. I keep saying that's what I enjoy doing, so why not, right? Surely there's an author out there somewhere who could use cheap labor, until I get some experience anyway.

For now though, I thought I needed to give you all some laughs so here are some cute things I stumbled on that should be good for a chuckle or two.





Since you all love my Bailey stories (and if you don't, just sit there and take it!.. Yeah, I said it! No, wait. DON'T LEAVE ME!)... This morning she decided I wanted to get up an hour early because she heard something outside that got her barking. She actually grabbed my Nike from the floor, jumped on the bed, and threw it at me! I couldn't believe it. For those who don't know me very well yet, I cherish my sleep time in the mornings. I was not amused when I went outside and there was nothing there that interested her.

19 comments:

Jumble Mash said...

Cute cartoons!!

Let's see...you could do a Where are they now from old TV shows? Fresh Prince of Bel Air would be awesome. What ever happened to Hilary and Ashley? Baby Nicki?

Oilfield Trash said...

Nice cartoons.

And Sherlock Holmes is a name I have not heard in years.

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

The Colonel is innocent!!!! Damned chickens :-)

that guy said...

@ dad/chief i agree!

ther Tuckmonster wakes as soon as the girls so 530 every morning...

what really sucks is when he decides 430 is 530...
Bruce
bruce johnson jadip
evilbruce
stupid stuff i see and hear
Bruce’s guy book
the guy book
Dreamodel Guy
dreamodeling!

Rebecca said...

i like the whole where are they now idea will have to come up with some 80's singers for you to look up. let me think

Krissy said...

JM... Good idea.. I was thinking of older shows, but you mentioned people I didn't consider. :)

OT... Sherlock is fiction, so I guess I can't look that one up too much.

Chief... LOL... Officers aren't always those who need to be protected. :)

bruce... Tuck is a good boy so don't blame the chickens! :)

becca... It can even be something you've just considered from time to time.. Let me know if you come up with something.

Sandra said...

Love the first cartoon!

Anonymous said...

I has a suggestion (bad grammar intended)!

Whatever happened to Screech from Saved by the Bell?

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com

Don said...

What is Yogi Berra doing these days? I heard his son on a local talk radio show the other day. Yogi is credited with some of them most amusing statements you'll ever hear.

Have you ever googled your own name or the name of someone you know? I just did that with my name and was amazed at what I found. Of course some people share the same name so you have to short the chaff out of the wheat.

Don said...

TYPO CORRECTION: "the most amusing"

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Your blog is so much fun, Krissy. Hmm, what ever happened to the crew of the Love Boat? I can't believe I liked that show so much. Every episode had the same story line.
Have a good Sunday.
xoRobyn

ib said...

I have a little something for you over at The Habitual Hobbit. Come see.

Canadianbloggergirl said...

Something is waiting for you over at my place, come see what it is.

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Krissy said...

Sandra.. That was my favorite, too.

Adorkable.. I know he ran into some trouble for a little while, but I'll look him up!

Don.. That's a good one! When I Google my name, I'm usually the only one who shows up b/c I have a rare last name.

Robyn.. What a great idea! I'll have to do that one.

ib.. On my way! I'm so excited!

CBG.. On my way there, too. So excited to have two surprises this Monday morning!

Full-On-Forward said...

OMG--Please a beverage alert!!! This is pure Gold!!!

John

Do you think Gary Larson will ever Cartoon again. Please tell me he's not dead!

Krissy said...

John.. Sorry if you snorted or spewed your drink. :) Gary Larson is not dead, but I don't know that he's doing it anymore. I'll let you know if I find something else out.

thitoughsh said...

next bags replica gucci the original source bags replica ysl blog 7a replica bags wholesale

thoathesl said...

Read More Here aaa replica bags blog here best replica bags online find more info replica bags buy online

leeteson said...

o4p94k8z69 v4m38e4v46 j6j07c1w30 n1x30l7q20 u6w47b9t86 k7m96m7n84

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...