Thursday, December 23, 2010

Kooky Kids.. Of course there's a Santa!

One year when I lived with my best friend, Dee, her boys decided they weren't going to believe in Santa anymore. I think they were 7 and 9 at the time, and they were so proud of themselves as they explained to us that they knew Santa wasn't real. Dee looked mortified! Of course, this is also the woman who would always plant seeds in their minds like, "Don't eat green M&Ms because they'll make you horny" and then send them to me when they asked what that meant.

Personally, I just let them finish their little declaration as I gave Dee a look that said, "I got this!" When they were done, I calmly looked at them and just said, "You realize if you don't believe in Santa, that he doesn't come, right?" They laughed and said, "Of course he still comes, because it's MOM!" Okay, fine. I just told them to go with that thought then, but I was still going to believe! I enjoyed getting all of that stuff from Santa too much to chance it.

They kept up this conversation for pretty much the whole month of December, and I'd just shake my head and tell them, "If you don't believe in him, he won't come." So Christmas night comes and goes, and we decided the boys needed to be taught a lesson. We put all of Santa's gifts in the attic, and their stockings were left empty. However, ours were filled to bursting. Santa was good to us that year!

The boys came out of their room on Christmas morning and went from thrilled to the most deflated looks on their faces. They looked all over the living room, and they picked up their empty stockings. Dee and I just gushed about all of the cool stuff in our stockings. I looked over at one point after many, "Aunt Krissy!"s and "MOOOOOOOMMMM!"s. I looked at the limp stockings in their hands as if seeing them for the first time, and said, "Dude! That really sucks, huh? I told you that if you didn't believe in him, he wouldn't come. But I guess Santa wanted to make an example out of YOU!"
Of course, there was major drama for a little while before the boys looked at each other and finally agreed that they really should have believed in Santa. After that, there was a bunch of "I BELIEVE!!" chanting and some jumping up and down. I told them what a shame it was that they decided that so late because you know Santa only makes house calls one night a year, and they had missed it!

After much crying and screaming, Dee managed to find a note from Santa in the bottom of her stocking telling her where Santa had hidden the gifts if the boys ever changed their minds and decided to believe again. Funny, but we never heard that nonsense about there being no Santa ever again!

I hope all my blogging friends have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend! I don't know when I'll be able to post again, but I'll try to fit something in when I can. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

14 comments:

Jumble Mash said...

Great story, Krissy! I told the story of when I found out Santa wasn't real on my blog today. Also, you may or may not have some blog love over there today:)

Krissy said...

Ooohhh, I love blog love. Let me go see! Although I was headed that way anyway to catch up on your blog. Honest, I was! :)

Oilfield Trash said...

Great story. Have a great holiday.

Lyndylou said...

Brilliant story :) Have a great Christmas X

http://lyndylou-whocares.blogspot.com

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

Ahhhh...nothing like torturing children to get into the Christmas spirit :-)

Krissy said...

@OT.. Thanks, and you too! Drink that sickness away for me, would ya?

@lyndy.. I plan to do just that, and you do the same!

@Dad.. My sentiments EXACTLY! I knew you would see it my way. :)

Anonymous said...

I know what I'm gonna do if I have kids and they stop believing in Santa now! Thanks for the idea! That's so hilarious!

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

Krissy said...

Glad to help, Ditz. I love the thought of my evil mind being used against other, unsuspecting, future generations. :)

Jimmy said...

Merry Christmas Krissy, I love how you both made the boys think, I can just imagine the looks on their faces.

I believe in Santa :)

Krissy said...

Their looks were classic! I wish I'd had an iPhone back then to snap that picture. I'm glad you believe because I'd hate to hear your sob story next week about Santa skipping your house. :) Merry Christmas, Jimmy!

BB said...

That's one of the best Christmas stories I've heard in a long time. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Krissy said...

Awwww, thanks Barb! That made me all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

AmberLaShell said...

That is super funny,,, I bet the look on those kids faces were priceless,, should have caught a picture of that!

Unknown said...

michael kors outlet online
ugg boots uk
abercrombie kids
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ugg outlet online
ugg boots
coach handbags
canada goose coats
uggs on sale
ugg australia
2016.12.24chenlixiang

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...