Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dogs and kids... Gotta love them!

I know you all have missed me desperately, so I figured I would grace you with my presence tonight. Ha! I think you all know I am more grateful for you reading my gibberish than anything.

First of all, some really pisses me off sad news. Our animal shelter just lost the contract for food we had. It's a long story but the sorry fucking people who are employed there are county employees, and they were going to get food constantly and selling it. Yes, you heard me right. They were SELLING IT!! Can I go kill them now? No? Are you sure?
"So you want to starve puppies, do you? I have friends who can fix that affliction."

They said our shelter was getting more food than shelters MUCH bigger than ours. Now granted, this happened before I got involved but still. We had someone who talked them out of cutting us off if she would go get the food herself. Unfortunately, this man no longer works there so we were officially cut off last week. Now we have to either bully the county into paying for the food, or we have to raise the money for it.

On that note, yes it is the season for giving, so if you would like to help, please go to this website: http://www.williamsburganimalshelter.com/donate.htm. There is a PayPal account link on the bottom, and I was just given the password to it, so I will be the one to collect the funds. No, I am not above begging. Do you want to see it?
Or imagine my Bailey having to work the streets, because that's where she would have been had they not had the food contract when she was there. (Just as a side note, we are a non-profit so you can deduct any donations you make!)

By the way, I know the website looks very out of date, and I was also just given the passwords to that so I can change things, including the Board which doesn't even show the current Board members (including me as the VP). Anyone who has HTML knowledge, feel free to let me know if you'd like to help. I'll give you credit on the site.

On a funny note, the other night one of the local schools did a Fashion Show fundraiser for the shelter called "Paws for a Cause", and one girl was so upset that no one was adopting the puppies. She even asked me several times to save the puppies when I was the one who brought them there.

Anyway, apparently her mother called her father to ask if they could adopt a puppy. She told me that the father was adamantly against it, and she didn't want to get divorced over the situation. As her and her daughter were leaving (with the child screaming how awful it was that they weren't going to save these puppies), she tried to tell the child that Daddy said no. The little girl immediately looked at her and said, "But we don't ever listen to HIM! You're the boss, Mommy!!!"

I almost fell OUT! Bless her heart, she just wanted to save some animals. But I think there are other issues in that home.

By the way, here is the new logo for the shelter. We had a contest and one of the groups from our local high school in the computer graphics department came up with the one that got the most votes.
I promise all of my posts are NOT about animals. I still have many other things to post about, but I don't want to bore you too much at one time.

7 comments:

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

Glad you're back....thought you were avoiding me :-)

Krissy said...

*Gasp* An accused stalker avoiding you? How is that possible? I'm there for ya, babe. :)

BB said...

Krissy...I was about to have to set up Dad with another follower if I didn't hear from you! Ok, I can go back to what I was doing now....hahaha

not displayed said...

missed you babe. Was about to get your pretty pic on the milk cartons. Good luck with the website. I am clueless sorry

Krissy said...

Thanks, everyone! Wow, I feel so loved all of a sudden. :) I was reading some of your posts even when I didn't have time to reply.

@Barb.. He's already got more followers than me, so don't be sicking more on him. Send them this way! :)

@Mynx.. Missed you too, babe! I don't think it would help me be found if my mug was on milk cartons over there though. But I'm touched you cared enough. :)

@bruce.. Aww, thanks, hon. Missed ya, too!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the food contract...that sucks. :(

I am relatively adept with webpage coding - so please feel free to contact me! I'd love to help out if you need it.

Krissy said...

You have done it now, Sam! I'd love for you to help me out with that page, and with this one. I'll be bending your ear soon about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...