Monday, December 20, 2010

Kick start the week with a guest post.. from Mynx!

Good morning, blogging friends! I am slow starting this Monday morning, so I'm going to give you the next installment of my "Funny Stories about our Parents" theme that I've asked others to guest post about.

But first, welcome to all my new followers!! I am so excited to see you all this morning! Big kisses and hugs all around, unless that would scare you off because you are the type who needs your personal space. In that case, I'll just smile and wave. I'll get my mind working shortly to give you all a Talkative Taurus original.

I also wanted to let you all know I'm on Twitter now, so go follow me and then come back real quick. My username on there is talktaurus since some douche has the talkativetaurus name I wanted. Or you can let me know what yours is and I'll go stalk follow you.

So on to the guest post. Mynx over at Dribble was kind enough to send me something about her Mom. She has been a huge supporter of mine since I started blogging, and she actually let me post on her blog as well. That was my first guest blog, and everyone seemed to think it was pretty funny. If you didn't see it, go over there and check it out. I'm sure you'll want to go follow her anyway, because she rocks! Enough of my rambling.... Here's Mynx!


Now everybody knows about Dad jokes.  The really bad ones, like when you drive past a cemetery and Dad would say "look, the dead centre of town"  pause for effect, then laugh at his own cleverness.  Funny the first and maybe the second time, but after that a little cringe worthy.

My Dad didn't do a lot of "dad jokes" thankfully, but my mum had a joke she would roll out at pretty much every function and get together.  She would say it was the only joke she could remember. 

So time for me to share it with you.  Possible you may already know it, but too bad.

Two statues, a boy and a girl, had stood, gazing at each other, in a city park for 100 years.
One day an Angel came down from Heaven and said to them "For 100 years you have stood here, in all weather, and I have been instructed to bring you to life for one hour only, so you may do what you want together."

With that there was a flash of light, the statues came to life, and jumping down off the plinths, grabbed each other's hand and ran giggling into the bushes.

There was much rustling and laughing, groaning and more giggling and half an hour later they came out of the bushes, cheeks flushed and looking very pleased with themselves.

The Angel smiled and said to them "Back already? You still have 30 minutes left."

The boy statue looked at the girl statue and as she grinned at him, he grabbed her hand and they ran back into the bushes.

More rustling and giggling came from the bushes, and the Angel, unable to resist her curiosity, quietly crept over to have a little peek.

Peering in to the bushes she heard the girl statue say to the boy statue.

"Okay, now it is my turn to hold down the pigeon, and your turn to poop on it"

Yes I know it is silly, but I still love it.  

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your blog.  I was so honoured to be asked.


Mynx

20 comments:

Jon Hanson said...

Great guest post.. congrats on the new wave of followers, I'm one of them!

SD
simpledudecomplexworld.blogspot.com

Krissy said...

Thanks, SD. You must have missed my "I have arrived" response to you joining. I was tickled that I finally managed to get your response. :)

Leigh said...

I love corny jokes like that.

Lyndylou said...

Love it, corny but funny :)

BB said...

Oh that was adorably funny. It's a good Mom joke.

Oilfield Trash said...

Very good guest post.

Don said...

Mynx and her Mum are both very gracious ladies and they have a wonderful "Mother/Daughter" relationship.

If Mynx were any more of a supporter of other bloggers someone would have to come up with a new name such as "blogger supporter" as opposed to jock strap ("athletic supporter" to those of you who didn't get it). :-)

Krissy said...

That's very true, Don. She is so wonderful, especially to many of us who are so new to this.

Jimmy said...

I have heard that one before but it is still funny Ha Ha I can just imagine :)

Krissy I did jump over and follow you on twitter, JimmysOpinion is mine if you want to give me a look

Krissy said...

Gotcha, Jimmy. Thanks!

Jumble Mash said...

Haha so corny! I love it!

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

I like it :-)

that guy said...

funny...

i do not remember any (sorta)clean jokes...

Bruce
bruce johnson jadip
And
evilbruce
stupid stuff i see and hear
and
The guy book
the guy book

AmberLaShell said...

hahaha, i never heard that joke,,, it's funny,,, i totally thought they were doing it!

amberlashell.com

not displayed said...

Hey Krissy, Thanks so much for having me over hun. it was great fun. Thanks everybody for your lovely comments and I hope you have also popped into say Hi to Amber while she is house (blog) sitting for me. Oh and Bruce, no letting that evil twin in to make a mess again for Amber to deal with.
Hugs everybody

Beetle and his Mum said...

Hahaha! You could see it coming and yet it was still pee-inducing funny! Excellent!

www.lottiespartacus.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Sometimes it is just time to hear a corny joke and enjoy yourself. This was that time. Thanks girl.

Krissy said...

Mynx, you are welcome anytime! Thanks so much for doing that for me. :)

Anonymous said...

toddler mittens, make sure that you get your childs opinion, Remember, theyll only wear it if they like it. One popular product that so many fashionistas have been going crazy for lately is ugg boots. However, we would also can learn something form the round.
The grosgrain ribbon on the upper creates an amazing contrast with the shine so that your look really stays extremely stylish. The real boots are manufactured with Merino sheepskin in double layers. It should not be put in washing machine or cleaned with hot uggjpup2013 water as it can damage the boots..
Here, "they" suggests a type of boots, the UGG boots. When you http://www.adultblogs.com/users/uggmini12/5107.html also have a picture transformation in your concerns, just seek out an Ugg boot sale on the web and get some uggs. Therefore, the cleaner -- be it you or a professional -- must be thorough and comprehensive in carrying out the cleaning.
So plan in advance and do some due diligence and you will pass your Maid http://www.arto.com/section/blog/ViewEntry.aspx?id=5709480&EntryID=4570517 of Recognize duties with flying colors.. Notwithstanding, you have to recognize that

Unknown said...

coach outlet online
adidas nmd r1
louis vuitton bags
polo ralph lauren
ugg boots
louboutin outlet
coach outlet online
fitflops
kate spade handbags
louis vuitton pas cher
2016.12.24chenlixiang

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...