Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reindeer games for Mom

I've decided to have some guest bloggers, and I figured that getting funny stories that involve our parents would be a great topic. I happen to have a bunch of stories that are hilarious about my parents, especially my wonderful Mom. She will not be happy to have these out there for all the world to see, but then I don't have THAT many followers, right? Ha! She's a good sport, so I'm sure she'll say, "Thanks a lot, BRAT!" And she'll press on with life.

One time when I was in high school many years ago... Wait, it wasn't THAT many years ago.. Okay, it was a good many years ago... Anyway! I was walking home from the bus stop and I noticed that pretty much all of the neighborhood kids were surrounding my back yard. What the ...? I walk in the house to find my mother pacing and freaking out! There was something terrifying in the back yard apparently, but it sure didn't seem to scare all of the neighborhood kids.

Now my parents intentionally bought the house they live in because all that was behind it was a golf course. So they figured no one could ever build behind them, right? Makes sense. But through the years, they have had some interesting creatures wander into their yard because that's the bonus of living near nature. Nature normally loves my mother because she won't let us harm any of God's creatures. (You never know where she has bird's nests around that place.)  This was going to be a first for her though.

Apparently, this scary creature.. or one like it... (And I know I could have gone to Mom's and dug out the picture of the real one, but still!) was inside the fenced-in back yard.
What the hell is everyone looking at?
You have to understand that my mother was all about her yard, and always has been. She had walked into the back yard to find this deer. Her first thought is that the deer is probably thirsty, so I'll go get a bucket of water. Seriously? That was your first thought when seeing a freaking deer in the back yard? I don't know about you all, but that wouldn't have been my first thought. Maybe, "How the hell do I get the deer out of the yard?" Or even, "What the hell?" 

She comes back with her bucket of water for the deer, and apparently the deer decided this lady was loony tunes and needed to get some exercise. He starts chasing her around the yard. 
Not the expression I picture my mom having on her face...
Now, I never knew that deer had a predatory side to them, but she swears it happened. We had an above-ground pool at the time, so here is the deer chasing my poor mother around and around the pool. Have the visual yet? For some reason I have always pictured her running with the bucket of water, too! Ya know, getting soaked and hollering at the deer the whole time, "I was just trying to be nice and give you some water! I'm good with nature. Didn't the others tell you?"

At some point she makes a break for it and runs into the house. I assume she's soaked at this point, because like I said, in my mind she was running with a bucket full of water. 

Somehow word gets around, though I'm not sure there were any actual witnesses to the running escapade. She calls the game warden to come get the deer out of the yard, so we all watch this deer walk around the back yard like he has every right to be there. 

The game warden arrives and wants to put the deer down right in the back yard. What the hell? There are children around, morons! Do you really want to kill Bambi right in front of their innocent little eyes? Of course, we talk them into just tranquilizing the deer so we can tell all the kids that the deer is just taking a nap. When they are able to get close to the deer, they find it had cut itself on its chest probably from the cross ties on the top of the fence when it jumped in. So when Mom moseyed out into the yard, he just got spooked because he didn't want to battle that treacherous fence to get back out. 

Needless to say, we have tormented Mom for many years about her bond with nature and all of the creatures she comes into contact with. Do you have a funny story about your parents you'd like to guest blog about? Let me know! Jumble Mash is coming up with something for me now, and I think Mynx is going to give it a whirl, too. 

24 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

That is an awesome story.

Krissy said...

If it can happen to anyone, it can happen to my mom. God bless her. I'm glad you liked it!

BB said...

Hahahahaha....hahahahahah...hahahahaha. That is a great story!

that guy said...

great post...

i love the line about the bucket of water and it being thirsty...

that must be a mom thing...

making sure everyone is taken care of ...even that crazy deer..

Bruce
bruce johnson jadip
And
evilbruce
stupid stuff i see and hear
and
The guy book
the guy book

Krissy said...

Thanks, Barb & Bruce! Bruce, I could never get over that that's what she thought of. My mother is a nut anyway, especially with nature.

Krissy said...

I still wish the bus had been earlier so I could have seen Bambi chasing her to hear exactly what she said. :)

not displayed said...

Funny story. :)

I am going to give it a whirl, just been super busy and will send you something this weekend. My Parents are really boring but I have an idea.

Hugs

Krissy said...

Thanks, Mynx!

FreeFlying said...

That's awesome! My mom would have been like, "uhuh. That's not happening." And then she would have gone into the kitchen and finished her crossword. She doesn't DO unexpected.

Krissy said...

LOL FreeFlying.. We would have had to physically restrain my mother from doing something, I'm sure. Ignoring it would not have been an option.

Jumble Mash said...

Bwhahahha. Too funny! I love the visuals that popped into my head. Deer actually do tend to get aggressive if they feel threatened. I've heard of a few people getting attacked by them.

Krissy said...

Okay, JM.. Don't bring us down with the visual of my mother being trampled. I liked the ones I had already. :)

Mrs. Tuna said...

I have always been scared by nature, this just confirms it for me.

Krissy said...

Mrs. Tuna.. Just picture her in cartoon mode running with the bucket and it's not nearly as scary.

Krissy said...

Oh and thanks for stopping by, Mrs. Tuna!! Hope you stick around.

Lyndylou said...

ha ha ha your poor mum, I have this image now in my head! I would have been falling about laughing if I had been there.

Jimmy said...

OK Krissy, If your Mom was running fast enough around the pool do you think the deer actually thought it was being chased by her with the bucket of water :) Funny story I can just see it.

Krissy said...

lyndy.. I was, and we all still do when we bring it up. I just wish I had seen the actual chase.

Jimmy.. I realize this was a lot of years ago, but I don't think my mother has ever run fast enough for that to be a possibility. Cute thought though! :)

Full-On-Forward said...

Her only problem: she didn't say: SIT, STAY--b4 she got the bucket!

Oh Deer!--what an AWESOME STORY!!!


John

Can you Say- Venison and Gravy????

Krissy said...

John, after reading some of your posts on your blog just now, the "Oh Deer" comment came as no surprise! LOL Thanks! Btw, deer sausage is the best!

Unknown said...

toms shoes
adidas outlet store
true religion
gucci belts
adidas superstar
canada goose parka
rolex watches
pandora bracelet
michael kors bags
gucci handbags
2016.12.24chenlixiang

Unknown said...

toms shoes
adidas outlet store
true religion
gucci belts
adidas superstar
canada goose parka
rolex watches
pandora bracelet
michael kors bags
gucci handbags
2016.12.24chenlixiang

Unknown said...

If you prefer to have great graphics tumblr.com/ together with energy, choose Click Here Andy. ManyMo is a paid, online-only Terrarium TV Download and Install on PC, APK Android Free emulator that is typically prefered by application Terrarium TV designers. For this purpose, the Terrarium TV APK standard BlueStacks should suffice.

donfloyd139 said...

sporting activities as well as motion Mobdro APK Download pictures lovers. We could watch numerous TV networks such as Animation Network Get Info ABC Family, BBC, Pet World, Syfy, ESPN, Skies Sporting activity and BT Sports Download Mobdro completely free utilizing Mobdro TV app.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...