Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our family is cut off!

Last night, I went to a friend's house because she knew of a white Persian that was deaf and seriously needed to find a good home. She had the most beautiful blue eyes and looked kinda like this.
So big sucker that I am, I said I'd take her. Now I knew this was going to be a challenge since I still have the bird at my house, but I figured a kitten wouldn't notice for a couple of days especially a deaf kitten. I'd just lock her in the bedroom while I'm gone, right?

I stop at the store on the way home and spend $50 on this kitten. What the...?? Yeah, that's what I said when they rang the crap up. On a kitten that probably doesn't even weigh 2-3 pounds?

So I get home and let Bailey out to see the kitten. Now, I didn't expect the scene to look like this.

Or even like this...

I thought maybe there would be a little of this....
But never in a million years did I expect the scene to end up more like this!
Upon seeing the kitten, Bailey was transformed into the biggest bully I have ever seen! She repeatedly tried to take the kitten into her mouth and sling her. What the hell happened to my dog? I guess all of this time being mad at the cat that runs across the street and won't come play finally came to a head for her. I just couldn't believe my eyes. And the woman who had given her to me asked about a hundred times if I would make sure to give her a good home. The friend kept assuring her that Bailey was very spoiled and she would receive nothing but the best care. HA! My dog tried to eat the poor thing after only being in the house for 5 seconds!

Needless to say, I had to sadly return the kitty and tell them to find another home for her. It's a shame, but I guess I'll just have to put a fence up in the near future and get Bailey a puppy instead. She's great with other dogs. At least, I've never seen her turn into Cujo into front of another dog, even small ones.

13 comments:

Jumble Mash said...

Awe! That sucks! My dog has never been around cats so I have NO idea what he'd do if I brought a kitten home. Probably the same thing Bailey did.

BB said...

Oh that's so sad TT...But you did the right thing in taking her back right away instead of trying to see if they would work it out. Your intentions were good!

Anonymous said...

Awww :(

Sorry that didn't work out. One time I took my two monsters to the animal shelter to help me find a third monster. I found one that absolutely adored me...but Lil Monster wanted to eat her (amusing to see a 4lb dog try and eat a 45lb dog...) and Jello-boy didn't want anything to do with her. Broke my heart to tell her no.

Krissy said...

Thanks, ladies.

@JM.. Well, now you have a visual of what it could be like. Bailey always went nuts about cats that are outside.

@Barb.. I was so scared she would get hurt because Bailey was determined to snatch her! I think Bailey made me nervous which didn't help the situation, so she just had to go. Oh well!

@Sam.. First and most importantly, thanks for following me! Welcome to my little slice of life. Second, that was smart of you to do. It's hard to say no to those little faces, I know! I am on the board for our shelter so it breaks my heart every time I leave without rescuing them all.

that guy said...

bummer..sorry to hear that...i thought the bird was gonna be the problem not Bailey...

but i got something for ya! cuz you deserve it! and award!!!

bruce
blog love at bruce johnson jadip

Krissy said...

Thanks, Bruce. I am really not a cat person anymore, but I thought a cat would be entertaining for Bailey and be something I wouldn't have to potty train. But oh well....

My mom is taking the bird... Her and Dad are sooo good to him when he visits.

I got an award? No way!! :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buyonlinelasixone.com/#11100]cheap lasix[/url] - lasix online without prescription , http://buyonlinelasixone.com/#3321 generic lasix

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buyonlinelasixone.com/#16621]lasix without prescription[/url] - lasix cost , http://buyonlinelasixone.com/#1462 cheap lasix

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buyonlinelasixone.com/#10472]buy lasix online[/url] - cheap generic lasix , http://buyonlinelasixone.com/#17969 lasix online without prescription

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buyonlinelasixone.com/#17947]lasix without prescription[/url] - buy lasix , http://buyonlinelasixone.com/#10383 lasix online without prescription

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buyaccutaneorderpillsonline.com/#19875]accutane no prescription[/url] - generic accutane , http://buyaccutaneorderpillsonline.com/#19807 order accutane

Unknown said...

nike tn pas cher
ugg outlet store
gucci belts
oakley vault
adidas yeezy boost 350
ugg outlet store
michael kors outlet clearance
dallas mavericks jerseys
cheap nba jerseys
canada goose clothing
2016.12.24chenlixiang

Unknown said...

www0609


soccer shoes
nba jerseys
wellensteyn jackets
ugg outlet
raptors jerseys
ray ban sunglasses
fossil watches
cheap jordans
mac makeup
salomon shoes

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...