I think Monday mornings are going to be my day to bitch and talk about things that irritate me, since I don't like mornings or Mondays anyway. So that's a good place to start, right? I'm a genius! Hmmm, now I guess I need to come up with a logo or picture that just stands for these posts. Any ideas? For now, we'll go with this.
1. Thinking that it can't be too cold outside in the morning because there is no frost on your car, only to discover that's just because the wind is blowing so hard that it never had a chance to settle there.
2. That aforementioned wind actually froze your windows shut. Makes it a little difficult to roll the windows down to punch in at the gate at work.
3. That I didn't get to work early enough to make myself some tea before heading over to give the guys their hearing tests so I had to settle on ice water. And did I mention it's freakin' cold outside??
4. I think that deserves its own number. It's freakin' cold outside!! They must have said 100 times on the TV this morning that it's going to "feel like" it's in the 20's all day. It's not supposed to be that cold here, dammit! Normally they say we get about 10 days below freezing each of the 3 months of December, January, and February in South Carolina. We are going to be more than halfway to the total of 30 days we normally get any day now. Sheesh!
5. It's freakin' cold and we don't even get to play in the snow. At least if it had to be this cold, could we get some damn snow?! See all of you people who are from where it snows have to worry about going to work in it and shoveling it. Ha! Here everything closes down and it never stays long enough to need shoveling.
6. Somehow I only have one more weekend to get Christmas shopping done. I did some online shopping yesterday, but some stuff I'm just going to have to go out to buy. Good thing I did all of that shopping on Black Friday, even though all I wanted to do was sleep that day.
7. We have an outside (environmental) auditor coming in Thursday and Friday, so I have a ton of work to get done before then. That would be fine if it didn't take me until Tuesday for my brain to wake up.
8. I seem to be stuck at the number of followers I currently have. It's like there is a speed bump in the road I just can't seem to get over recently. I guess I'm going to have to break out the new award I made and give it to someone soon so I can get some shout outs. Oh, well lookie there! Mynx already posted my guest blog on her link so go check that out here. Welcome, anyone who popped in from there! Sorry I had a depressing post up until now. That's not usually the norm around here.