Friday, December 10, 2010

A Jackass tried to ruin the Christmas parade

We had our annual Christmas parade tonight in our small town, so we all started lining up at 5:00.

It is colder than usual around here, but we all bundled up pretty well, especially the girl we had dressed in a Dalmatian costume. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures because the woman who was going to take them decided to leave too soon, but that's okay. We had a good time, and we were naturally walking for the animal shelter. Well, me and my neighbor walked with our dogs, while everyone else rode in a van or golf cart with their dogs. What the ....? I'm glad I asked my neighbor to go, or I would have looked pretty lonely out there.

Anyway, while everyone was lining up, we had a guy beside us in a truck with a Baptist Church sign on the side of it. Someone who wasn't in the parade tried to come down the street. Now yes, I understand the idiot shouldn't have been driving down there, nor should the people putting this together have let them go down that street but still. It's a Christmas parade, so we make due, right?

Our girl in the Dalmatian outfit asked him if he could move forward just a bit so this little truck could get through. He snaps at her, "I'm not moving. Have them move that damn golf cart!"
I am a God-fearing man, so everyone should fear me!

Smart ass that I am, I looked over and said, "Now that's the Christmas spirit coming from the man in the Baptist Church truck. Thanks!" And I smiled as I politely asked someone to move the golf cart. I'm glad they made his sorry ass get behind us in the parade. It was a little high-five to ourselves for that, because the lady organizing the parade was all about our dogs. She looked out for us all evening, and I love her for that! 

As a side note, I was so proud of Bailey! I thought she would be distracted with everything going on, but she walked down Main Street like a champ and paid attention to me the whole way. I think her ADD self was on sensory overload with everything going on around us. She is currently thoroughly exhausted and asleep at my feet. 
Not us, but it's dogs on parade anyway! I hope to get pictures that others took of us as we were walking down the street. 

6 comments:

BB said...

Good for you for saying what you did. People like this guy make me so angry. Hypocrites because if they're Christians they wouldn't treat others like that. Glad you had a good time. Love the dogs little wraps! So festive.

Krissy said...

Barb, someone actually said they heard him being addressed as the minister later on. Doesn't that just beat all? We had a really good time though, in spite of him. And that's what Christmas is all about. :) I think the short time you've known me, you know me well enough that I had to say something. Kill 'em with kindness, right?

Nicki said...

What. A. JERK.

Krissy said...

You said it, sister!

Unknown said...

you could check here 7a replica bags wholesale i loved this bags replica gucci YOURURL.com Ysl replica handbags

Unknown said...

click this over here now louis vuitton replica why not try this out click this Clicking Here best replica bags

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...