1. As many of you know, I am on the board for the animal shelter. People always feel the need to tell me great ideas for things we should be doing. However, they are not volunteering to DO these things. Well, I'm not having it. My neighbor was all fired up about how we need to educate people to spay/neuter their animals among other things. Great! Make a flyer for me with all the statistics and stuff for me to hand out at events we have. Right? Seriously. Did she expect me to go door to door and educate folks? Jump in and help, dammit!
Help me do these things! Don't just throw ideas out there. I can find those on the internet.
2. On a similar note, we have someone who has been helping the board who also comes up with great ideas for ME (specifically) to do. She called me today and this is how the conversation went.
Her: I talked to President today and offered to have the meeting on Monday night at my house!
Me: Great! It doesn't matter to me either way where we have it, but some people don't like us having meetings away from the shelter because that's the only opportunity they have to see the animals. But if you want to contact everyone to make sure that's okay, then it works for me.
Her: Uhhhhh.... Well... Oh, I need to call everyone?
Me: Well, this is Friday and we'd have to make sure they were all told because the location has been set since our last meeting.
Her: Ummmm.. My internet is down, and I'm not sure I have everyone's numbers.
Me: Whose don't you have? I can give you the numbers with no problem.
Her: Why don't we just go to the shelter and check things out for about 20 minutes and then go to my house? It's only a couple of blocks away.
Me: That's fine with me, but you should call Long Time Board Member to make sure it's okay with her because she was the one who told me about the complaints before. (Of course, my evil mind knows Long Time Board Member will probably talk her out of it.)
Needless to say, she wasn't happy that I put this right back on her. Why the hell should I have to call everyone to tell them we are changing the meeting place when you decide to tell me about this on Friday afternoon? I don't have much of a life, but geez! I would like to enjoy my weekend. And does it matter when she tells me? She's still the one who wanted to change the location. Am I right? I'm just saying....
3. I might as well throw in one more on the subject. I have people who call me for EVERYTHING concerning the shelter. Maybe I'm being too nice? I spent most of this week playing email and phone tag with a lady who knew a guy who wanted to adopt a bunch of dogs and cats for his farm. Explain to me why the hell he didn't just go up there to the shelter. Was all of that really necessary? Needless to say, he hasn't adopted any yet, and I'm sure I'll have to escort him there.
Seriously? I have nothing better to do than hold your hand.
4. Ants all over my bathroom at 7 a.m. when I am getting ready to shower for work in DECEMBER! What the....?? I've never seen ants come inside when it's cold outside. Which brings to mind, where the hell do bugs go during the winter or do they all just die? I wish these ants had just died, but I'm doing my best to make that happen.
The ants obviously wanted some coffee to start their morning, but I don't know who the hell told them they could find it in the bathroom!
5. The taste of bug spray in the morning... or any time. Because there is no way to walk out of a small room after spraying it and not be able to taste it.
Not me.. I was not thrilled about battling bugs, nor am I ever.
I think that's enough for a Friday night. I'm having some cocktails while I go to read some blogs. But just to clarify, I LOVE helping the shelter and finding homes for the animals. It's the people I have to deal with sometimes that just drive me ape shit.